Access databases/journals from off-campus
- The Falvey Memorial Library home page and catalog are available to anyone with an internet connection.
- Many electronic subscription resources including books, videos, full text and bibliographic databases and data sources can be accessed remotely from off-campus by Villanova students faculty and staff.
- We use an EZProxy server to authenticate Villanova students, faculty and staff. When accessing one of our our electronic subscription databases, journals or electronic books, users will be prompted for their LDAP, also known as the Villanova e-mail user name and password).
- EZProxy will not work if one's browser does not accept cookies. Browser options or preferences need to be set to enable cookies.
- Firewalls, typically installed in workplaces, may impede access to our subscription databases. Some IT departments are willing to adjust their ports to allow access. Firewalls need to be set to allow port standard 80 and 443 for database access.
- Please report any difficulty encountered accessing our electronic resources from off campus by calling 610-519-4270. Occasionally database problems require our intervention.
Last Modified: Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009