In the 2nd Floor Non-Circulating Reference Collection
Wolf-Heidegger's Atlas of Human Anatomy
Gray's Anatomy: the anatomical basis of medicine and surgery.
Online with access through the library website
The Oxford Companion to the Body
CD ROMs, Videos, and DVDs
(Available at the Nursing Learning Resource Center, Ground Floor, Driscoll Hall)
Interactive Atlas of Human Anatomy
The Dissectible Human Systems Anatomy
The Video Atlas of Human Anatomy
Digimorph - Digital Morphology
The Digital Morphology library is a dynamic archive of information on digital morphology and high-resolution X-ray computed tomography of biological specimens.
Gross Anatomy at UAMS
Anatomy tables and atlases for medical students
Human Anatomy Online
Very rough anatomical diagrams for general study
Relevant Call Numbers
QM Human Anatomy
QM1-511 General anatomy
QM531-549 Regional anatomy
QM550-577.8 Human and comparative histology
QM601-695 Human embryology/ Human Development
QL801-950.9 Animal Anatomy
QK640-707 Plant anatomy
QK710-899 Plant physiology
QP1-345 General physiology
Please note that Falvey contains a substantial quality of historical work in anatomy and physiology. Please be aware of the publication date of any resource that you use.
Useful Search Terms
- “human anatomy”
- “comparative anatomy”
- “human physiology”
Databases are complex records of the published scientific literature. If you need assistance using a database please contact the librarian.
Web of Science (Thomson Scientific / ISI Web Services) [Details]
Web of Science provides seamless access to the Science Citation Expanded, Social Sciences Citation Index, and Arts & Humanities Citation Index.
PubMed was developed by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI). It was developed in conjunction with publishers of biomedical literature as a search tool for accessing literature citations and linking to full-text journals at web sites of participating publishers.
- Biological Abstracts (Thomson Scientific / ISI Web Services) [Details]
- Biological Abstracts is a comprehensive database that directs you to information covered in life sciences journals.
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Scientific / ISI Web Services) [Details]
- Provides access to current bibliographic information and cited references from scientific and technical journals in a broad range of disciplines. Search by article title word, journal title, author, cited author or reference, or address word (e.g. author's institution). Coverage begins 1945 to present.
- Birds of North America (BNA) [Details]
- A comprehensive reference covering the life histories of North American birds. Contents are updated frequently, with contributions from researchers, citizen scientists, and designated reviewers and editors. In addition, BNA Online contains image and video galleries showing behaviors, habitat, nests, eggs and nestlings, and more. And each online species account contains recordings of that bird's songs and calls, selected from the extensive collection in Cornell's Macaulay Library of Natural Sounds.
- General Science Full Text (WilsonWeb) [Details]
- Indexes articles from U.S and British publications on anthropology, astronomy, biology, computers, earth sciences, medicine and health, etc. Includes articles, reviews, biographical sketches and letters to the editor.
- JCR Web: Science & Social Sciences Editions [Details]
- Provides the impact factor (the relative importance of journals within a given field) and other citation data for around 7,300 scholarly and technical journals worldwide. Coverage is multidisciplinary and international, incorporating journals from 3,300 publishers approximately 200 disciplines, and 60 countries.
- MEDLINE (Thomson Scientific / ISI Web Services) [Details]
- An different way to search PubMed. Citations export easily to EndNote.
- Zoological Record (Thomson Scientific / ISI Web Services) [Details]
- Animal biology and biodiversity research literature.