Pharmaceutical Industry Overviews
- Market Line The industry datamonitor reports found generally include SWOT and five forces analysis with limited forecasting and identificatio of the major players. Market are defined geographically (ie. Pharmaceuticals in France) and by channel (ie. OTC or prescription).
- Market Insight S&P does a global pharmeceutical industry report focusing on prescription patented and generics. A related report on Biotechnology is also available. S&P reports offer analysis of the market, regulatory, political and development trends while also providing a solid history of the industry. Top level industry ratios and statisics are included. This is a must read for anyone looking for an introduction to the prescription pharmaceuticals market.
- Plunkett's Biotech & Genetics Industry Almanac 2009 Discussion of industry trends, key statistics, company profiles & rankings and glossary.
- MarketResearch.com Offers analysis of narrower segements and drivers of the pharmaceutical market. You are likely to find a reports devoted to particular classes of drugs, medicines for specific diseases or trends in the drug market. MarketResearch.com reports are typically lenghty (100-300 pages) and include market size, share, forecasts, competitive analysis and corporate profiles.
- STAT-USA The GLOBUS side of this database offers international market reports from the U.S. Commercial Service. Browse the Industry Sector Analysis Report by Industry or for brief (8-20 page) insight not often covered, browse International Market Insight Report by Industry as well. Be forewarned some report are dated and the interface is archaic, nonetheless it may have just the gem you're looking for especially if your focus is on a remote location.
- ABI/Inform Good source for trade publications and some scholarly articles on business aspects of the pharmaceuticals industry.
- Business Source Premier. Another excellent general business database with the strongest coverage of academic publications.
- EconLit A must search source for studies of pricing, expenture, regulation, patents, and advertising in the pharmaceutical industry
- Lexis/Nexis Our best source for coverage of law reviews with analysis of intellectual property, regulation, and trade.
- PubMed Key Index to medical literature but inclusive of pharmaceuticals and business aspects of medicine.
Last Modified: Sunday, February 5th, 2012