What would you like to do?
Get help from a librarian
Contact Barbara, Robin, or Alfred ----------------------------------------->
Find scholarly journal articles on a nursing topic
Search one of the following article databases:
CINAHL with Full Text( EBSCO)
Find journal articles in the sciences, including medicine and nursing. Easy search engine.
Click to see more article databases.
- Log in with your Villanova email ID and password.
- Type keywords into search boxes.
- SAMPLE SEARCH RESULT:
- Click pdf icon or Find It to see if library has full text.
- At next screen, click ARTICLE to access full text
- If you see the message "Sorry, no online holdings were found for this journal?" use ILLiad link to request article from interlibrary loan.
Search Google Scholar for articles in nursing journals
- Turn Google into a journal article search engine by using Google Scholar.
- Start at http://scholar.google.com
- Follow these steps to search Google Scholar and link to articles that you can get FULL TEXT from Falvey Library.
Find the full text of an article when you already have the reference.
Widenhorn-Muller K, Hille K. Influence of having breakfast on cognitive performance and mood in 13- to 20-year-old hight school students: results of a crossover trial. Pediatrics. 2008;122:279-284.
- Type the information into the "Search for an Article" form at Journal Finder.
- Click Article to access full text.
- Did you get the message "Sorry, no online holdings were found for this journal?" Get the article electronically from another library, free of charge, by completing an ILLiad request.
Get the full text of an article FREE when the journal website says you have to pay $$
- First, see if Falvey Library has access to full text. Type the article information into the "Search for an Article" form at Journal Finder.
- Did you get the message "Sorry, no online holdings were found for this journal?" GET IT DELIVERED ELECTRONICALLY FROM ANOTHER LIBRARY FREE by using ILLiad.
- HINT: Next time try searching CINAHL, PubMed, or Scopus (links above), or GOOGLE SCHOLAR (see instructions above).
See more nursing resources: online dictionaries, medical encyclopedias, handbooks, and more
Click to see our Nursing and Medicine resources page.
Last Modified: Tuesday, March 12th, 2013