This guide is suggested for students using Endnote.
These instructions also avalible in PDF format.
These directions are for importing to EndNote Web, importing to regular EndNote is very similar but may require you to download the SciFinder Import Filter if it is not already installed. For directions on how to do this see the "Input and Output Filters" section of Using EndNote
1. In SciFinder check the boxes next to the article citations you are interested in sending to EndNoteWeb.
2. Click the "Save As" button to save the references into a file.
3. The following dialog box will open. Click on the down arrow at the end of the "Save in:" box to choose a location to save the file.
4. In the middle of the list will be "C$ on 'Client' (C:) " which will save the file to the computer's main drive. Click on the location to highlight it and close the dropdown list.
5. Type a memorable filename into the box labeled "File name:", then choose "Tagged Format" from the dropdown labeled "Save as type:"
6. Finally check that all of your settings are still intact and click on the "Save" box on the right.
7. Another dialog box may open asking you to grant access to grant SciFinder access to the drive. Select "Full Access" and click "OK"
8. Open MyEndNoteWeb (http://www.myendnoteweb.com) in your web browser to access your EndNoteWeb account and sign in.
9. From the tabs at the top of the screen choose "Collect" and then "Import References" below that.
10. From the Import screen click the "Browse" button.
11. This will open another dialog box entitled "File Upload" Click the down arrow next to the "Look in:" box to open the drop down menu.
12. Select the "C:" drive from the dropdown list.
13. The window should now display the contents of the C drive including the file you saver earlier. Click on the file to select it and then click the "Open" button.
14. Select "SciFinder (CAS)" from the filter drop down and then a folder within your EndNoteWeb account where you want to new citations to be filed in the "To:" dropdown. Click the "Import" button.
15. If you choose "New Group" you will be asked to name this group.Ensure that the number of references imported matches the number of records you chose in SciFinder.