1) Open Microsoft Office Word and Endnote.
Choose the article which you will be citing.
3) In Word, highlight the passage that you are citing and then go to the Endnote toolbar in Word (usually the last tab.) Here change the Style drop-down box to your selected format.
4) Click on the words Insert Citation to open the menu and choose Insert Selected Citation(s)
5) The selected text will be followed by a correct in-text citation and the full citation will be placed at the end of the document.
6) Check both the in-text and full citations to ensure that they comply with your chosen style. If the citations were not perfectly entered or imported they will not format correctly in Word and you will need to edit them to match the chose style. When if doubt, check with your professor or a librarian.
Last Modified: Thursday, August 4th, 2011