Articles & More: Searching Falvey's Online Collections
What makes this search different?
Our Articles and More search enables you to search millions of full text articles, ebooks, streaming videos and other online resources available through the Falvey Memorial Library. While it doesn't provide access to everything the Library has to offer, it is an excellent starting point for your searches.
Where else can I look?
- Visit our Subject Guides and Course Guides for tips and database recommendations for specific areas of study.
- Our Books & Media search includes a mixture of physical and online materials. Enable the Online Collection filter to see only our electronic resources.
- Databases A-Z provides access to hundreds of databases through the Library.
- Request articles and ebooks through Interlibrary Loan.
- The Digital Library provides access to a growing number of scanned historical items.
You can use double quotes to search for a series of words in a particular order.
For example, "World War II" (with quotes) will give more precise results than World War II (without quotes).
If you want to search for multiple variations of a word, you can substitute a special symbol (called a "wildcard") for one or more letters.
You can use * to represent 0 or many characters.
You can use ? to represent 1 single character.
For example, econom* will find both economics as well as economies, and organi?e will find both organise and organize.