It's not about the coffee : leadership principles from a life at Starbucks /
During his years as a senior executive at Starbucks, Behar helped establish the Starbucks culture, which stresses the importance of people over profits. Now he reveals the ten principles that guided his leadership--and not one of them is about coffee.--From publisher description.
|Main Author:||Behar, Howard.|
|Other Authors:||Goldstein, Janet.|
New York, N.Y. :
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction : It's about the people
- all the people
- Know who you are : wear one hat
- Know why you're here : do it because it's right, not because it's right for your résumé
- Think independently : the person who sweeps the floor should choose the broom
- Build trust : care, like you really mean it
- Listen for the truth : the walls talk
- Be accountable : only the truth sounds like the truth
- Take action : think like a person of action, and act like a person of thought
- Face challenge : we are human beings first
- Practice leadership : the big noise and the still, small voice
- Dare to dream : say Yes, the most powerful word in the world.