The bachelors' ball : the crisis of peasant society in Béarn /
University of Chicago Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Bachelorhood and the peasant condition
- The system of matrimonial exchanges in traditional peasant society
- Internal contradictions and anomy
- The opposition between the bourg and the hameaux
- The peasant and his body
- Bibliographical notes
- Changes in population, 1836-1954
- Dialogue between a villager and a peasant
- Another dialogue between a villager and a bachelor
- The exemplary tale of a younger son from a modest family
- Excessive maternal authority and bachelorhood
- An attempt to generalize : bachelorhood in 16 rural cantons in Brittany.