The Cambridge companion to Thomas Jefferson /
Cambridge, UK ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
|Series:||Cambridge companions to American studies.
|Online Access:||Online version|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- The Declaration of Independence and the new nation / Eric Slauter
- Jefferson's conception of republican government / Ari Helo
- Notes on the state of Virginia and the Jeffersonian west / Thomas Hallock
- Jefferson and Native Americans: policy and archive / Gordon M. Sayre
- Race and slavery in the era of Jefferson / Douglas R. Egerton
- Jefferson's people: slavery at Monticello / Lucia Stanton
- Jefferson, science, and the enlightenment / Timothy Sweet
- Thomas Jefferson and the creation of the American architectural image / Richard Guy Wilson
- The politics of pedagogy: Thomas Jefferson and the education of a democratic citizenry / Darren Staloff
- Jefferson and religion: private belief, public policy / Richard Samuelson
- Jefferson and the language of friendship / Andrew Burstein
- Jefferson and Adams: friendship and the power of the letter / Joanne B. Freeman
- The resonance of minds: Thomas Jefferson and James Madison in the republic of letters / Annette Gordon-Reed
- Jefferson and the democratic future / Douglas Anderson.