The great American crime decline /
|Main Author:||Zimring, Franklin E.|
Oxford ; New York :
Oxford University Press,
Studies in crime and public policy
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- 1. The size and character of the crime decline
- 2. The environment for optimism : crime trends and attitudes about the effectiveness of crime policies
- 3. The usual suspects : imprisonment, demography, and the economy
- 4. Progeny of the 1990s : three new explanations of decline
- 5. Which twin had the Toni? Some statistical lessons from Canada
- 6. New York City's natural experiment
- 7. What happens next?
- 8. Seven lessons from the 1990s