The Cambridge companion to ancient Greek political thought /
|Corporate Authors:||Cambridge collections online.|
|Other Authors:||Salkever, Stephen G., 1943-|
Cambridge ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Homer and political thought / Dean Hammer
- Foundings vs. constitutions: ancient tragedy and the origins or political community / Arlene W. Saxonohouse
- Most favored status in Herodotus and Thucydides: recasting the Athenian Tyrannicides through Solon and Pericles / Norma Thompson
- Thucydides and political thought / Gerald Mara
- "This way of life, this contest": rethinking Socratic citizenship / Susan Bickford
- The political drama of Plato's Republic / David Roochnik
- Practical Plato / Catherine H. Zuckert
- Reading Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics and Politics as a single course of lectures: rhetoric, politics, and philosophy / Stephen Salkever
- Lived excellence in Aristotle's Constitution of Athens: why the encomium of Theramenes matters / Jill Frank and S. Sara Monson
- The virtue politics of democratic Athens / Ryan K. Balot
- Origins or rights in ancient political thought / Fred D. Miller, Jr.
- The emergence of natural law and the cosmopolis / Eric Brown.