Publication manual of the American Psychological Association.
From the Publisher: With millions of copies sold, the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association is the style manual of choice for writers, editors, students, educators, and professionals in psychology, sociology, business, economics, nursing, social work, and justice administratio...
|Corporate Author:||American Psychological Association.|
Washington, DC :
American Psychological Association,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Writing for the behavioral and social sciences. Types of articles ; Ethical and legal standards in publishing ; Ensuring the accuracy of scientific knowledge ; Protecting the rights and welfare of research participants ; Protecting intellectual property rights
- Manuscript structure and content. Journal article reporting standards ; Manuscript elements ; Sample papers
- Writing clearly and concisely. Organization ; Writing style ; Reducing bias in language ; General guidelines for reducing bias ; Reducing bias by topic ; Grammar and usage
- Mechanics of style. Punctuation ; Spelling ; Capitalization ; Italics ; Abbreviations ; Numbers ; Metrication ; Statistical and mathematical copy ; Equations
- Displaying results. General guidance on table and figures ; Tables ; Figures ; Presenting electrophysiological, radiological, and other biological data
- Crediting sources. When to cite ; Quoting and paraphrasing ; Citing references in text ; Reference list ; Reference components
- Reference examples. Types and variations ; Examples by type ; Appendix 7-1: References to legal materials
- Publication process. Editorial process ; Author responsibilities
- Appendix: Journal article reporting standards (JARS), Meta-analysis reporting standards (MARS), and flow of participants through each stage of an experiment or quasi-experiment.