Colonial justice in British India /
|Main Author:||Kolsky, Elizabeth.|
Cambridge ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
Cambridge studies in Indian history and society ;
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- White peril : law and lawlessness in early colonial India
- Citizens, subjects, and subjection to law : codification and the legal construction of racial difference
- "Indian human nature" : evidence, experts, and the elusive pursuit of truth
- "One scale of justice for the planter and another for the coolie" : law and violence on the Assam tea plantations
- "A judicial scandal" : the imperial conscience and the race against empire.