Glass ceilings and 100-hour couples : what the opt-out phenomenon can teach us about work and family /
University of Georgia Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Numbers too big to ignore
- Why opting out is an everywoman issue
- The 100-hour couple
- Glass ceilings and maternal walls
- Second shift redux
- Child care dilemmas
- Mama time
- The hectic household
- The professionalization of at-home motherhood
- Financial costs
- Negotiating without a paycheck
- Reigniting the career
- Creative strategies for making work "work"
- Coming of age in America.