An introduction to Roman religion /
Indiana University Press,
Check Holdings for more information.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- pt. 1. Questions of methodology. 1. Problems and problematics
- 2. Definitions, concepts, difficulties
- 3. Ritual and its formulations
- pt. 2. Structures. 4. The division of time: calendars, rituals, regular festivals
- 5. The division of space: temples, sanctuaries and other sacred places
- pt. 3. Religious rituals. 6. Sacrifice
- 7. Auspices and rituals of divination
- pt. 4. The actors. 8. Priestly figures
- 9. The double life of the Roman gods
- pt. 5. Exegeses and speculations. Interpretations of Roman religion.