Twilight and philosophy : vampires, vegetarians, and the pursuit of immortality /
With everything from Taoism to mind reading to the place of God in a world of vampires, this book offers some very tasty philosophy for both the living and the undead to sink their teeth into.
Hoboken, N.J. :
John Wiley & Sons,
|Series:||Blackwell philosophy and popculture series.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- You look good enough to eat : love, madness, and the food analogy /
- George A. Dunn
- Dying to eat : the vegetarian ethics of Twilight /
- Jean Kazez
- Can a vampire be a person? /
- Nicholas Michaud
- Carlisle : more compassionate than a speeding bullet? /
- Andrew Terjesen and Jenny Terjesen
- New moon.
- Vampire-Dämmerung : what can Twilight tell us about God? /
- Peter S. Fosl and Eli Fosl
- To bite or not to bite : Twilight, immortality, and the meaning of life /
- Brendan Shea
- Mind reading and morality : the moral hazards of being Edward /
- Eric Silverman
- Love and authority among wolves /
- Sara Worley
- Bella Swan and Sarah Palin : all the old myths are not true /
- Naomi Zack
- Vampire love : the second sex negotiates the twenty-first century /
- Bonnie Mann
- Edward Cullen and Bella Swan : Byronic and feminist heroes... or not /
- Abigail E. Myers
- Undead patriarchy and the possibility of love /
- Leah McClimans and J. Jeremy Wisnewski
- The "real" danger : fact vs. fiction for the girl audience /
- Rebecca Housel
- Breaking dawn.
- Twilight of an idol : our fatal attraction to vampires /
- Jennifer L. McMahon
- Bella's vampires semiotics /
- Dennis Knepp
- Space, time, and vampire ontology /
- Philip Puszczalowski
- For the strength of Bella? Meyer, vampires, and Mormonism /
- Marc E. Shaw
- The Tao of Jacob /
- Rebecca Housel.