The Cambridge companion to the Hellenistic world /
This Companion volume offers fifteen original essays on the Hellenistic world and is intended to complement and supplement general histories of the period from Alexander the Great to Kleopatra VII of Egypt. Each chapter treats a different aspect of the Hellenistic world - religion, philosophy, famil...
Cambridge ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
|Online Access:||Online version|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Alexander the Great and the creation of the Hellenistic age / A.B. Bosworth
- The Hellenistic kingdoms / Winthrop Lindsay Adams
- The Polis and federalism / D. Graham J. Shipley with Mogens H. Hansen
- Hellenistic economies / John K. Davies
- The Hellenistic family / Dorothy J. Thompson
- History and rhetoric / Graham J. Oliver
- Material culture / Susan I. Rotroff
- Hellenistic art : two dozen innovations / Andrew Stewart
- Language and literature / Nita Krevans and Alexander Sens
- Greek religion : continuity and change in the Hellenistic period / Jon D. Mikalson
- Philosophy for life / Robert W. Sharples
- Science, medicine, and technology / Paul T. Keyser and Georgia Irby-Massie
- Hellenistic military developments / Glenn R. Bugh
- Greeks and non-Greeks / Erich S. Gruen
- Recent trends and new directions / D. Graham J. Shipley.