Latin Christian writers in late antiquity and their texts /
Aldershot, Hampshire, Great Britain ; Burlington, VT :
|Series:||Collected studies ;
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- The Epistula rustici ad Eucherium : from the library of imperial classics to the library of the fathers
- Patristics and literary history : reflections on the programme of a new history of late antique Latin literature
- Literacy and litteratura, A.D. 200-800
- Jerome's Origen : the making of a Christian literary persona
- Conference and confession : literary pragmatics in Augustine's Apologia contra Hieronymum
- The Augustinian reader
- Opus imperfectum : Augustine and his readers, 426-435 A.D.
- The forging of orthodoxy in Latin Christian literature : a case study
- Peregrinus against the heretics : classicism, provinciality, and the place of the alien writer in late Roman Gaul
- The origins of the Collection Sirmondiana : a new look at the evidence
- The demise of the Christian writer and the remaking of "late antiquity" : from H.I. Marrou's Saint Augutine (1938) to Peter Brown's Holy man (1983)
- Erasmus' Jerome : the publishing of a Christian author
- After the Maurists : the Oxford correspondence of Dom Germain Morin, OSB.