Gaming the world : how sports are reshaping global politics and culture /
Princeton University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Going global : sports, politics, and identities
- The emergence of global arenas : mapping the globalization of sports cultures between cosmopolitanism, nationalism, and localism
- The transatlantic transfer of sports and their cultures : institutionalization and diffusion
- A silent "feminization" of global sports cultures? women as soccer players in Europe and America
- A counter-cosmopolitan backlash? the politics of exclusion, racism, and violence in European and American sports cultures
- The limits of globalization : local identity and college sports' uniquely American symbiosis of academics and athletics.