The Cambridge companion to African American women's literature
|Corporate Author:||Cambridge University Press.|
|Other Authors:||Mitchell, Angelyn, 1960-, Taylor, Danille K., Cambridge collections online.|
Cambridge, UK ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
Cambridge companions to literature.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction / Angelyn Mitchell and Danille K. Taylor
- Early African American women's literature / Frances Smith Foster and LaRose Davis
- Women of the Harlem Renaissance / Cheryl A. Wall
- Women writers of the Black Arts Movement / Eleanor W. Traylor
- Contemporary African American women writers / Dana A. Williams
- African American feminist theories and literary criticism / Robert J. Patterson
- African American women and the United States slave narrative / Joycelyn Moody
- Autobiography and African American women's literature / Joanne M. Braxton
- "Even some fiction might be useful" : African American women novelists / Madhu Dubey
- African American women poets and the power of the word / Keith D. Leonard
- African American women in the performing arts / Olga Barrios
- African American women writers of children's and young adult literature / Dianne Johnson
- African American women essayists / Marilyn Sanders Mobley
- African American women writers and the short story / Crystal J. Lucky
- African American women writers and popular fiction : theorizing black womanhood / Herman Beavers.