The Cambridge companion to Socrates /
"The Cambridge Companion to Socrates is a collection of essays providing a comprehensive guide to Socrates, the most famous Greek philosopher. Because Socrates himself wrote nothing, our evidence comes from the writings of his friends (above all Plato), his enemies, and later writers. Socrates...
Cambridge ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
|Series:||Cambridge companions to philosophy.
|Online Access:||Online version|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- 1. The rise and fall of the Socratic problem / Louis-Andre Dorion
- 2. The students of Socrates / Klaus Döring
- 3. Xenophon and the enviable life of Socrates / David K. O'Connor
- 4. Socrates in Aristophanes' Clouds / David Konstan
- 5. Socrates and the new learning / Paul Woodruff
- 6. Socratic religion / Mark L. McPherran
- 7. Socrates and democratic Athens / Josiah Ober
- 8. Socratic method / Hugh H. Benson
- 9. Self-examination / Christopher Rowe
- 10. Socratic ignorance / Richard Bett
- 11. Reconsidering Socratic irony / Melissa Lane
- 12. Socratic ethics and the Socratic psychology of action: a philosophical framework / Terry Penner
- 13. Socrates and Eudaimonia / Christopher Bobonich
- 14. Socrates' political philosophy / Charles L. Griswold
- 15. Socrates in later Greek philosophy / A. A. Long.