Accepting the invisible hand : market-based approaches to social-economic problems /
New York :
|Series:||Perspectives from social economics.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Markets and dignity : the essential link : (with an application to health care) / Mark D. White
- Markets, discovery, and social problems / John Meadowcroft
- Economic freedom and global poverty / James D. Gwartney and Joseph S. Connors
- Don't let the best be the enemy of the good : a stoic defense of the market / Jennifer A. Baker
- Ethics in the Mayan marketplace / Benjamin Blevins, Guadalupe Ramirez, and Jonathan B. Wight
- Philantropy and the invisible hand : Hayek, Boulding, and beyond / Robert F. Garnett, Jr.
- Life in the market is good for you / Deirdre Nansen McCloskey
- Doing the right things : the private sector response to Hurricane Katrina as a case study in the bourgeois virtues / Steven Horwitz.