Digitizing race : visual cultures of the Internet /
|Main Author:||Nakamura, Lisa.|
University of Minnesota Press,
Electronic mediations ;
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: digital racial formations and networked images of the body
- "Ramadan is almoast here!": the visual culture of AIM buddies, race, gender, and nation on the Internet
- Alllooksame?: mediating visual cultures of race on the Web
- The social optics of race and networked interfaces in The matrix trilogy and Minority report
- Avatars and the visual culture of reproduction on the Web
- Measuring race on the Internet: users, identity, and cultural difference in the United States
- Epilogue: the racio-visual logic of the Internet.