British romanticism and the Catholic question : religion, history, and national identity, 1778-1829 /
|Main Author:||Tomko, Michael, 1975-|
Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York :
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : the spirits of the age
- The purgatorial politics of the Catholic question
- History, sympathy, and sectarianism in Elizabeth Inchbald's A simple story
- Wordsworth and superstition
- Shelley's conflicted campaign for Catholic emancipation
- Scott's Ivanhoe and the Saxon question
- Conclusion : 'the anxious hour'
- England in 1829.