The political science student writer's manual /
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : welcome to the study of politics and government
- pt. 1. Before you write : review the basics
- Seize the day : write!
- Master the basics of language and scholarship
- Generate effective style
- Format your paper correctly
- Cite sources and avoid plagiarism
- pt .2. Warm-up : critical thinking about politics and government
- Writing to communicate and act
- Write to analyze politics or government policy
- Write to explain and evaluate others' works
- pt .3. Move forward : conduct research in political science
- Organize the research process
- pt. 4. Write for your political science course
- Analyze public opinion
- Domestic and international policy analysis papers
- Analyze a bill currently before Congress
- Compare political systems
- Amicus curiae briefs
- Appendix A. List of political science periodicals
- Appendix B. Table of forms of proper address formats.