Haunting legacy : Vietnam and the American presidency from Ford to Obama /
"Examines how presidential decisionmaking has been influenced by America's defeat in the Vietnam war, studying presidents Ford, Carter, Reagan, George H. W. Bush, Clinton, George W. Bush, and Obama and how they have approached key decisions regarding conflicts while in office"--Provid...
|Main Author:||Kalb, Marvin L.|
|Other Authors:||Kalb, Deborah.|
Washington, D.C. :
Brookings Institution Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Ford : finally, the war ends
- Ford and the mini-challenge of the Mayaguez
- Carter, Brzezinski, and Russia's Vietnam
- Reagan, Grenada, Lebanon, and the marines
- Bush I : burying Vietnam
- Clinton : the first baby-boomer president
- Bush II : boots on the ground
- 2004 : the Swift boat Campaign
- Obama : "Afghanistan is not Vietnam"
- "Good enough".