Salome's modernity : Oscar Wilde and the aesthetics of transgression /
Ann Arbor :
University of Michigan Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Dancing on the threshold: Wilde's Salomé between symbolist, decadent, and modernist aesthetics
- "The brutal music and the delicate text"? Richard Strauss's operatic modernism in Salome
- Perverts in court: Maud Allan's The vision of Salomé and the Pemberton-Billing trial
- Alla Nazimova's Salomé: an historical phantasy by Oscar Wilde
- Portraits of the artist as a gay man and Salomé as a feminist icon: Wilde and Salomé in popular culture since the 1980s.