How to be South Asian in America : narratives of ambivalence and belonging /
Temple University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Reading assimilation and the American dream as transnational narratives
- They came on buses: "Guyanese Opportunities" as a contemporary Americanization program
- "Stretched over dark femaleness": three South Asian novels of Americanization
- "How to be Indian": independent films about second-generation South Asian Americans
- Ambivalent Americanization and South Asian narratives of belonging in diaspora.