Pride and prejudice : an authoritative text, backgrounds and sources, criticism /
"A perennial favorite in the Norton Critical Editions series, Pride and Prejudice is based on the 1813 first edition text, which has been thoroughly annotated for undergraduate readers." ""Backgrounds and Sources" includes biographical portraits of Austen by members of her f...
New York :
|Series:||Norton critical edition.
- Technique and moral effect in Jane Austen's fiction / Richard Whately
- Miss Austen / Margaret Oliphant
- The critical faculty of Jane Austen / Richard Simpson
- "Regulated hatred" : an aspect in the work of Jane Austen / D.W. Harding
- On Pride and prejudice / Dorothy Van Ghent
- Pride and prejudice : the reconstitution of society / Alistair Duckworth
- Limitations and definitions / Stuart Tave
- Jane Austen and the war of ideas : Pride and prejudice / Marilyn Butler
- Waiting together : Pride and prejudice / Nina Auerbach
- Perception and Pride and prejudice / Susan Morgan
- Pride and prejudice and the pursuit of happiness / Claudia L. Johnson
- The humiliation of Elizabeth Bennet / Susan Fraiman
- Circles of support / Deborah Kaplan
- Getting the whole truth in Pride and prejudice / Tara Ghoshal Wallace
- A conversation with Colin Firth / Sue Birtwhistle and Susie Conklin
- Darcy in action / Cheryl L. Nixon
- Interpreters of Jane Austen's social world : literary critics and historians / David Spring
- Radical Jane / Edward Ahearn
- A note on money / Donald Gray.