Malcolm X : a life of reinvention /
This biography of Malcolm X draws on new research to trace his life from his troubled youth through his involvement in the Nation of Islam, his activism in the world of Black Nationalism, and his assassination. Years in the making, it is a definitive biography of the legendary black activist. Of the...
|Main Author:||Marable, Manning, 1950-2011.|
New York, N.Y. :
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Life beyond the legend
- "Up, you mighty race" : 1925-1941
- The legend of Detroit Red : 1941-January 1946
- Becoming "X" : January 1946-August 1952
- "They don't come like the minister" : August 1952-May 1957
- "Brother, a minister has to be married" : May 1957-March 1959
- "The hate that hate produced" : March 1959-January 1961
- "As sure as God made green apples" : January 1961-May 1962
- From prayer to protest : May 1962-March 1963
- "He was developing too fast" : April-November 1963
- "The chickens coming home to roost" : December 1, 1963-March 12, 1964
- An epiphany in the Hajj : March 12-May 21, 1964
- "Do something about Malcolm X" : May 21-July 11, 1964
- "In the struggle for dignity" : July 11-November 24, 1964
- "Such a man is worthy of death" : November 24, 1964-February 14, 1965
- Death comes on time : February 14-February 21, 1965
- Life after death
- Reflections on a revolutionary vision.