We are the champions : the politics of sports and popular music /
|Main Author:||McLeod, Ken, 1964-|
Farnham, Surrey, England ; Burlington, VT :
Ashgate popular and folk music series.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- "Take me out to the ball game" : a brief history of music, sports, and competition
- "Let's get physical" : female identity, music and the fitness industry
- "Who let the dogs out?" : sports music, marketing crossover, and the business of performance enhancement
- "We will rock you" : sports anthems and hypermasculinity
- "It's a man's man's man's world" : constructing male identity in African American music and sports
- "Go west" : the integration of sports and music in constructing national and transnational identities
- "Gonna fly now" : visual media and the soundtrack of sports.