The Cambridge companion to Beethoven
Cambridge, UK ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
|Series:||Cambridge companions to music.
|Online Access:||Onine version|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Some thoughts on biography and a chronology of Beethoven's life and music / Glenn Stanley
- Beethoven at work : musical activist and thinker / Glenn Stanley
- The compositional act : sketches and autographs / Barry Cooper
- The spirit of Mozart from Haydn's hands : Beethoven's musical inheritance / Elaine Sisman
- Phrase, period, theme / Roger Kamien
- The sense of an ending : goal-directedness in Beethoven's music / Nicholas Marston
- The piano music : concertos, sonatas, variations, small forms / William Kinderman
- Beethoven's chamber music with piano : seeking unity in mixed sonorities / Mark Kaplan
- Manner, tone and tendency in Beethoven's chamber music for strings / John Daverio
- Sound and structure in Beethoven's orchestral music/ Leon Botstein
- Beethoven's songs and vocal style / Amanda Glauert
- Beethoven's essay in opera : historical, text-critical, and interpretative issues in Fidelio / Michael C. Tusa
- Probing the sacred genres : Beethoven's religious songs, oratorio, and masses / Birgit Lodes
- With a Beethoven like sublimity : Beethoven in the works of other composers / Margaret Notley
- Beethoven's music in performance : historical perspectives / Alain Frogley
- The four ages of Beethoven : critical reception and the canonic composer / Scott Burnham
- Beethoven at large : reception in literature, the arts, philosophy, and politics / David B. Dennis.