The Cambridge companion to Mendelssohn
|Corporate Authors:||Cambridge collections online.|
|Other Authors:||Mercer-Taylor, Peter Jameson.|
Cambridge, UK ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
Cambridge companions to music.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Mendelssohn as border-dweller / Peter Mercer-Taylor
- Mendelssohn and the institution(s) of German art music / Peter Mercer-Taylor
- Mendelssohn and Judaism / Michael P. Steinberg
- Felix and Fanny : gender, biography, and history / Marian Wilson Kimber
- Mendelssohn and the rise of musical historicism / James Garratt
- Mendelssohn as progressive / Greg Vitercik
- Symphony and overture / Douglass Seaton
- The works for solo instrument(s) and orchestra / Steve Lindeman
- Mendelssohn's chamber music / Thomas Schmidt-Beste
- The music for keyboard / Glenn Stanley
- On Mendelssohn's sacred music, real and imaginary / R. Larry Todd
- Mendelssohn's songs / Susan Youens
- Felix Mendelssohn's dramatic compositions : from Liederspiel to Lorelei / Monika Hennemann
- Mendelssohn received / John Michael Cooper
- Wagner as Mendelssohn : reversing habits and reclaiming meaning in the performance of Mendelssohn's music for orchestra and chorus / Leon Botstein.