Affective narratology : the emotional structure of stories /
University of Nebraska Press,
|Series:||Frontiers of narrative.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: A passion for plot
- Before stories: emotional time and Anna Karenina
- Stories and works: from ancient Egypt to postmodernism
- Universal narrative prototypes: sacrifice, heroism, and romantic love
- Cross-cultural minor genres: attachment, lust, revenge, and criminal justice
- Afterword: Stories and the training of sensibility.