Environmental communication and the public sphere /
This book focuses on the role that human communication plays in influencing the ways we perceive the environment as well as how we define what environmental problems are and decide what actions to take regarding the natural world.--From publisher description.
Thousand Oaks, Calif. :
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction: speaking for and about the environment
- pt. 1. Conceptual perspectives
- Studying environmental communication
- Social/symbolic constructions of "environment"
- pt. 2. Citizen voices and public forums
- Public participation in environmental decisions
- Conflict resolution and collaboration in environmental disputes
- pt. 3. Media coverage of the environment
- Media and the environmental online
- Risk communication : environmental dangers and the public
- pt. 4. Voices for change
- Environmental advocacy campaigns
- Environmental justice/climate justice : voices from the grassroots
- pt. 5. Environmental discourses of science and industry
- Science communication and environmental and controversies
- Green marketing and corporate advocacy.