News for all the people : the epic story of race and the American media /
"Here is a new, sweeping narrative history of American news media that puts race at the center of the story. From the earliest colonial newspapers to the Internet age, America's racial divisions have played a central role in the creation of the country's media system, just as the medi...
London ; New York :
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- The age of newspapers. "Barbarous Indians" and "rebellious Negroes" ; In the mail : the post office, the press and the mass political party ; Inciting to riot : the age of Jackson
- Rebel voices. A new democratic press ; Priests, mobs, and know-nothings : the early Spanish-language press ; The Indian war of words ; To plead our own cause : the early Black press ; "The Chinese must go!"
- The age of news networks. Wiring the news ; The Progressive Era and the colored press
- The age of broadcasting. Words with wings ; Trouble in the streets ; Other voices : Amos 'n' Andy, the "Sunshine Lady" and Los Madrugadores ; Uniting the home front ; The color line and the public interest : the post-War period ; Fierce rebellion, furious reaction : 1963-2003
- The age of the Internet. Controlling the means of transmission : old media's fall and new media's rise.