The diet of John the Baptist : "Locusts and wild honey" in synoptic and patristic interpretation /
|Series:||Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament ;
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction and the status quaestionis concerning the diet of John the Baptist
- Locust/grasshopper eating in ancient Near Eastern and Greco-Roman antiquity
- The Baptist's "wild honey"
- "Locusts and wild honey" in the synoptic interpretation: The historical baptist, Mark, Matthew (and Luke)
- John's diet as 'vegetarian' and a model of asceticism: 'Locusts,' wild honey and the imitatio Iohannis in patristic and subsequent Christian interpretation
- Epilogue: "Locusts and wild honey" in retrospect: PAIDEIA and early Christian biblical interpretation