Tea party effects on 2010 U.S. Senate elections : stuck in the middle to lose /
"Tea Party Effects on 2010 U.S. Senate Elections offers readers an insightful, comprehensive analysis of Tea Party's impact on the 2010 campaigns for United States Senate through chapters written by experts in their respective states. By describing the context and happenings of each race w...
Lanham, Md. :
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Foreword /
- Michael John Burton
- Section I.
- A Whole 'Nother Kind of Tea Party:
- The Tea Party Movement in America: fed-up or simply flamboyant? /
- William J. Miller and Jeremy D. Walling
- Section II.
- All Aboard the Tea Party Express:
- Guess who's coming to dinner in Delaware? /
- William Cunion;
- The Tea Party angle in the Nevada Senate race /
- David F. Damore;
- That's Murkowski with an "I": the Tea Party Express in the 2010 Alaska Senate election /
- Carl E. Shepro and Gerald A. McBeath;
- Running right in Pennsylvania: Pat Toomey's early blueprint for electoral success /
- Lonce H. Sandy-Bailey;
- Tea for only two: the ousting of Utah Senator Robert Bennett /
- Matthew Frei, J. Quin Monson, Leah Murray, and Kelly D. Patterson;
- Marco Rubio in Florida: the first Tea Party Senator
- or not? /
- Sean D. Foreman;
- Poster child for the Tea Party: Rand Paul of Kentucky /
- D. Stephen Voss and Donald A. Gross
- Section III.
- The Tea Party Shuffle: Moderates Take Two Steps Right:
- Tough talk at the border: the 2010 U.S. Senate election in Arizona /
- Doris Schartmueller and Frederic I. Solop;
- The Granite State: a little late to the Party /
- Dean Spiliotes
- Section IV.
- Using the Rhetoric without Fully Committing:
- 11. Throwing tea into the Pacific /
- Larry N. Gerston;
- No grizzlies in the Appalachians: the absence of Tea Party effects on the West Virginia Senate race /
- Daniel J. Coffey;
- Tea Party Politics in a Blue State: Dino Rossi and the 2010 Washington Senate election /
- Matt A. Barreto, Loren Collingwood, Benjamin F. Gonzalez, and Christopher S. Parker;
- A purple haze all around: messaging, political acumen, and money in the Colorado Senate race /
- Kyle L. Saunders and Katherine Heriot Hoffer;
- No tea for me: Mark Kirk and the 2010 race for the Illinois Senate seat /
- Jonna L. Deitz;
- Mr. Johnson's taste of tea /
- Charles H. Franklin
- Section V.
- The Impact of the Tea Party:
- Tea Party redux: making sense of the midterm Senate elections /
- William J. Miller and Jeremy D. Walling;
- Adding pieces to the chess set: new players for an old game /
- William J. Miller, Jeremy D. Walling, and Brian P. Smentkowski.