Astounding wonder : imagining science and science fiction in interwar America /
|Main Author:||Cheng, John.|
University of Pennsylvania Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- "Magazines for morons": pulp magazines and the emergence of science fiction
- Conversations from the "backyard": reading and imaging community
- Discovering the freedom of facts: fact, fiction, and authority of science
- Involving adventure, reassuring romance: engendering science fiction's domestic tranquility
- Human martians and Asian aliens: the racial nature of wondrous worlds
- The progress of time: Einstein, history, and the dimensions of time travel
- "Fandom is just a goddam hobby": the industry of fans and professionals
- "We want to play with spaceships": popular rocket science in action.