The essentials of job negotiations proven strategies for getting what you want /
Negotiating job packages is one of the trickiest tasks most people face in their professional lives--and everybody wants to know how to do it better. Filled with solid, accessible, research-backed advice, this book counters myths about job negotiations and maps the way to success.
Santa Barbara, Calif. :
- Introduction: Fears and falsehoods
- Behind-the-scenes preparation: before you even walk in the door
- Impression management: working the interview
- Beginning the negotiation: when to start, and when not to
- The actual negotiation
- Powerful communication
- Negotiating via e-mail: you may need to do this, so do it right
- Special circumstances: bad economies, family businesses, and cross-cultural negotiations
- After the deal: what's next?
- The top 10 most important things to remember
- Appendix A: Planning table: the seven key insights for effective planning
- Appendix B: Potential issues
- Appendix C: Online salary information.