Smoke signals : a social history of marijuana : medical, recreational, and scientific /
Investigative journalist Martin A. Lee traces the social history of marijuana from its origins to its emergence in the 1960s as a defining force in an ongoing culture war. Lee describes how the illicit marijuana subculture overcame government opposition and morphed into a multibillion-dollar industr...
New York :
|Edition:||1st Scribner hardcover ed.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Herblore. Black and blue ; New world hemp ; Elixirs and tinctures ; High on hash ; Sex, drugs, and the occult
- Prohibition. The Mexican connection ; The mighty Mezz ; Voodoo pharmacology ; A truth drug ; Cold war cannabis ; Writing the reality script
- Reefer rebellion. Seeds of change ; The riddle of THC ; Grass and acid ; A tipping point ; Legalize it! ; Flower power ; High spies
- The big chill. This means war ; Dr. Mikuriya's medicine ; The euphoria of secrecy ; Seeing is believing ; Rasta vibration ; In your face
- Just say never. Reefer sadness ; The laughing cure ; Home grown ; Going Dutch ; Drug-war doublespeak ; The hemperor
- From blunts to ballots. Bush v. weed ; The brain and marijuana ; Hip-hop hemp ; To live and die in San Francisco ; The pot club ; Crossing the Rubicon
- Fire in the belly. Counterattack ; Unchartered waters ; Southern exposure ; Falling dominos ; The stake-out ; Veterans for drug-war peace
- Ground Zero. Narcs gone wild! ; Show trials ; Physicians in the crosshairs ; The Supreme Court punts ; The long arm of the DEA ; Ten years after
- Mellow mayhem. Senior stoners ; An industry emerges ; Healing without the high ; Booze or bud? ; The green rush ; Suffer the children.