The legend of Charlemagne in the Middle Ages : power, faith, and crusade /
|Other Authors:||Gabriele, Matthew., Stuckey, Jace.|
New York, NY :
New Middle Ages (Palgrave Macmillan (Firm))
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Greatness contested and confirmed: the raw materials of the Charlemagne legend / Thomas F.X. Noble
- KARLOVS MAGNVS or KARLOVS FELIX: the making of Charlemagne's reputation and legend / Paul Edward Dutton
- Al-Hakim, Charlemagne, and the destruction of the church of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem in the writings of Ademar of Chabannes / Daniel F. Callahan
- Godfrey of Bouillon versus Raymond of Saint-Gilles: how Carolingian kingship trumped Millenarianism at the end of the first Crusade / Jay Rubenstein
- Charlemagne's legacy and Anglo-Norman Imperium in Henry of Huntington's Historia Anglorum / Wendy Marie Hoofnagle
- Charlemagne as saint? relics and the choice of window subjects at Chartres cathedral / Elizabeth Pastan
- Charlemagne as crusader? memory, propaganda, and the many uses of Charlemagne's legendary expedition to Spain / Jace Stuckey
- Charlemagne as pilgrim? request for relics in the Descriptio qualiter and the Voyage of Charlemagne / Anne Latowsky.