The art of making magazines : on being an editor and other views from the industry /
|Other Authors:||Navasky, Victor S., Cornog, Evan.|
New York :
Columbia University Press,
Columbia journalism review books.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction / Evan Cornog and Victor S. Navasky
- Talking about writing for magazines (which one shouldn't do) / John Gregory Dunne
- Magazine editing then and now / Ruth Reichl
- How to become the editor-in-chief of your favorite women's magazine / Roberta Myers
- Editing a thought-leader magazine / Michael Kelly
- Fact-checking at The New Yorker / Peter Canby
- A magazine needs copyeditors because- / Barbara Walraff
- How to talk to the art director / Chris Dixon
- Three weddings and a funeral / Tina Brown
- The simpler the idea, the better / Peter W. Kaplan
- The publisher's role: crusading defender of the First Amendment or advertising salesman? / John R. MacArthur
- Editing books versus editing magazines / Robert Gottlieb
- The reader is king / Felix Dennis.