Hard times : the adult musical in 1970s New York City /
|Main Author:||Wollman, Elizabeth L., 1969-|
New York :
Oxford University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Burlesque, Off Off Broadway, and the birth of the adult musical
- The birth of modern gay theater and the subtext of Company
- The post-Stonewall (and post-Company) gay musical
- The adult musical meets second-wave feminism : mod donna
- Not-so-angry feminist musicals
- Obscenity, "porno chic", and let my people come
- Hell freezes over : the hard-core musical on stage and screen
- Applying contemporary community standards : is it obscene, or merely lewd?
- New York's financial crisis and the adult musical on Broadway.