The rise of liberal religion book culture and American spirituality in the twentieth century /
|Main Author:||Hedstrom, Matthew.|
|Corporate Author:||ebrary, Inc.|
New York :
Oxford University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Enlarging the faith: books and the marketing of liberal religion in a consumer culture
- Religious book club: middlebrow culture and liberal Protestant seeker spirituality
- Publishing for seekers:Eugene Exman and the religious bestsellers of Harper & Brothers
- Religious reading mobilized: the book programs of World War II
- Inventing interfaith: the wartime reading campaign of the National Conference Of Christians And Jews
- Religious reading in the wake of war: American spirituality in the 1940s.