An introduction to bioethics /
|Main Author:||Shannon, Thomas A. 1940-|
|Other Authors:||Kockler, Nicholas J.|
New York :
|Edition:||4th ed., rev. and updated.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : what is bioethics?
- Technology, nature, and responsibility
- Ethical issues and theories
- Common terms used in bioethics
- Reproductive technologies
- Early diagnosis of genetic anomalies
- Definitions of death
- Forgoing and withdrawing treatment
- Physician-assisted suicide
- Genetic engineering : nonhuman organisms
- Genetic engineering : human beings
- Cell-based biotechnologies
- Organ and tissue transplantation
- Research on human subjects
- A whole earth ethic.