Digital memory and the archive /
|Main Author:||Ernst, Wolfgang.|
|Other Authors:||Parikka, Jussi, 1976-|
Minneapolis, MN :
University of Minnesota Press,
Electronic mediations ;
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- The media-archaeological method. Let there be irony: cultural history and media archaeology in parallel lines
- Media archaeography: method and machine versus the history and narrative of media
- From temporality to the multimedial archive. Underway to the dual system: classical archives and digital memory
- Archives in transition: dynamic media memories
- Between real time and memory on demand: reflections on television
- Discontinuities: does the archive become metaphorical in multimedia space?
- Microtemporal media. Telling versus counting: a media-archaeological point of view
- Distory: one hundred years of electron tubes, media-archaeologically interpreted, vis-a-vis one hundred years of radio
- Toward a media archaeology of sonic articulations
- Experimenting with media temporality: Pythagoras, Hertz, Turing
- Appendix. Archive rumblings: an interview with Wolfgang Ernst / Geert Lovink.