A king travels : festive traditions in late medieval and early modern Spain /
Princeton, N.J. ;
Princeton University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Festivals in Late Medieval and Early Modern Spain
- The Meaning of Festivals : A Typology
- Royal Entries, Princely Visits, Triumphal Celebrations in Spain, c. 1330-1640
- The Structure of the Late Medieval and Early Modern Royal Entry : Change and Continuity
- A King Travels : Philip II in the Crown of Aragon, 1585-86 and 1592
- Martial Festivals and the Chivalrous Imaginary
- Kings and Knights at Play in Late Medieval and Early Modern Spain
- From Carnival to Corpus Christi
- Non Calendrical Festivals : Life Cycles and Power
- Appendix: The Feasts of May 1428 at Valladolid.