Frontiers of fear : immigration and insecurity in the United States and Europe /
Cornell University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : The immigration-security nexus
- Part I. The framing of immigration as a security issue. Newcomers, old threats, and current concerns ; Securitization before 9/11 ; Securitization after 9/11
- Part II. The dynamics of policy failure. Border escalation as a policy failure ; The security/insecurity spiral ; Radicalization in the west
- Part III. Why do failed policies persist? Emigration, development, and (in)security ; Immigration, economic interests, and politics
- Conclusion : Threats to western democracy.